National Center for Tourism Information and Promotion TISMANA
The access to Tismana can be done by:
- by plane, towards one of the nearest airports: Craiova or Timișoara
- , towards Drobeta Turnu Severin harbor.
- railroad, to Târgu-Jiu, then on National Road DN67D Târgu-jiu – Tismana (27Km)
- by car, from Târgu-Jiu, onto the National Road DN67D Târgu-jiu – Tismana (27Km)
- by car, from Motru, onto the County Road DJ671B Motru – Glogova – Cămuiești (county limit Gorj/Mehedinți), then following Couty Road DJ671 Cămuiești – Negoiești – Apa Neagră (county limit Mehedinți/Gorj), then following NAtional Road DN67D Apa Neagră – Tismana.
- by car, from Drobeta Turnu Severin, onto NAtional Road DN67 Drobeta Turnu Severin – Târgu Jiu. In Florești village exiting National Road DN67 and taking to the left County Road DJ671 Florești – Bala – Crainici – Negoiești. When exiting Negoiești village, (county limit Mehedinți/Gorj), making right turn over the county limit bridge over the Motru river and following again the National Road DN67D untill Tismana.
- by car, from Băile Herculane Resort (alt. 140m), leaving Băile Herculane at North (onto National Road DN67D), following a beautiful itinerary through the mountains, by Cerna Valley, then ascending to Șaua Arșască (alt. 900m). Keeping straight on NAtional Road DN67D through Godeanu, Obârșia Cloșani, Titerlești, Mărășești and Baia de Aramă, making a left turn over the Motru bridge before Negoiești village (county limit Mehedinți/Gorj), right near Apa Neagră, leaving Mehedinți county and entering Gorj county. There are 15 Km to go until we reach Tismana. This route is famous for the landscapes and wonderful sight-seeing places that it offers.