Cultural events, customs and customs in Tismana
Festivalul cântecului, dansului şi portului gorjenesc
- May 25 – “Geagu Cătăroiu” Traditional Fiddler’s Music Festival – aims at identifying the laurel tares and the revival of the traditional music played by these songs. This year, on 25 May, the first edition of this festival took place, being a landed edition of the Oltenia region, aiming to become a national festival.
- August 15 – The Festival of Gorj Folk Song, Dance and Clothing dates back to 1966. It is organized on the edge of the Sarsori forest, on DJ672 (Tismana – Gornovita – Topeşti – Boroşteni – Peştișani), in a clearing situated between Şarşori forest and Gornovita village. Every year, folk music troops ensembles and performers are invited, this being the main attraction of the event. But here you can also find handicrafts (ceramics, wooden products) and many more, all coming to complement the atmosphere of the “Saint Mary’s Fair”, as the event is recognized locally.
- Chestnut Festival (Organized around Oct. 10) – dedicated to the rescue chestnut forest conservation project.
- 25th of March – Spring Festival “Annunciation” or “Blagovestenia Fair”, for seeds, pots, streams and shrimps. The “Trout Feast” is also organized.
- November 30 – The “St. Andrei ” Fair – Pocruia, Autumn Bars for pots, small, barrels, pots, etc. Here you can meet some artisans of sculpture and woodworking, a craft-art whose exponents are getting less and less.
- Cooling Festival (Organized by ANTREC Gorj, usually on the Tismana Valley, at Vila Ursu – Tismana) – Participants: tourist boarding houses, restaurants, breeders’ associations, the general public.